Monday 3 August 2015

Threshold concepts

A very interesting  phrase, I assumed that the Information Literacy module will be about information retrieval and off course the ethical use of information. To my surprise this course is more that, i am learning new vocabulary and i am able to evaluate my way of thinking. 

I  may have grasped the threshold  concept in librarianship which is information but the role of the librarian is changing now, librarians have to participate actively in the educational process rather than gathering and disseminating information to the users. This course is equipping me with teaching skills that are needed when conducting training and workshops to users.

The image below defines the threshold concept in a simple and understandable manner.

  
 



http://image.slidesharecdn.com/thresholds2014keeferthresholdconceptsandpostgraduatestruggles071014v12-140710032840-phpapp02/95/threshold-concepts-and-postgraduate-struggles-the-development-of-a-framework-to-support-learners-through-doctoral-liminality-3-638.jpg?cb=1404963046

2 comments:

  1. Dear Thembela,

    It is difficult to read the section on top are you able to change the colour of the font maybe? I love the representation of the threshold, for me it represents the different ways of reaching a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete